Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It's going...

So I have officially been a teacher for three weeks and a day. It's going well I think. I haven't killed anyone! And while I should be flat as a pancake from all the eye-rolling and I feel like I host Jeopardy with all the questions, I'm having a good time.

Going to work was a really hard decision for me. While I know I needed to help out a little so we can become debt free quicker, I still was apprehensive. I had peace and assurance that it was time. Now, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else!

The kids I teach are some of the biggest diamonds in the rough that I have ever seen. They've been told they're worthless and will never be anything and it's just not true. Some of them are really smart and kind. Some need me to show them they're smart and kind. I graciously accept the challenge. I love those kids so much already. I'm proud of them already. There's nothing but brighter day to come for any student who gets to be in my class.

No matter how much they resist, how much they protest, how much they think I'm too hard on them, my students are some of the luckiest students because GOD sent me there to Richland Middle School with each of them in mind. I don't take that assignment lightly and I'm going to do my very best not to let HIM or them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment