Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Another Day

Here it is another day and I'm off to more new teacher stuff. That is absolutely all I've really done this summer. Besides the super early vacation we took to San Antonio, most of my time has been spent sitting and soaking. I'm not really complaining; I am so thankful that I've got a job and for the opportunity to be prepared to do that job. I just want to teach somebody something already!

I'm also thankful for my girls and their great attitude about all of this. This summer has been sprinkled with movies here and there, a few outings and a lot less swimming than usual. They could be whining and complaining but they haven't. Usually we have mom-led power packed summers! I am so thankful that they have been encouraging and helpful all summer. They've not burned down the house or killed each other, they kept things clean and tidy, and they've done lots of reading.

Although Breon's not fully on the support-Kecia-train, he's trying. Or at least he's acting like he's trying. Who knows? Hopefully, he'll see that I need him more than ever. This is a huge transition and while I'm sure I could pull it all off on my own, I think it'll be less stressful if he jumps on board. We all know I don't like stress!

Anyway... all this said, please pray for me. I want to be the best teacher possible and change lives while I teach Writing. Pray for the administration and other teachers at my school. I need to get along with all of them and have peace surrounding me at the work place. Pray for my students and their families. Pray for clear communication and cooperation. Just pray for God to cover my classroom and order my steps to achieve His will. Please just pray.

1 comment:

  1. The beginning of school is always hard. I spent alot of time away from mark getting things prepared and ready. I can't imagine being a mother in addition to the demands of teaching. It will be a tough first few weeks but then you will find your groove and things will settle in- I promise!!! Just keep reminding yourself that God has called you to that specific classroom to work with those specific kids. Everything else will fall into place. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete