Monday, July 27, 2009

No More Dark Days...

I didn't sleep very well last night and it's taking a toll on me. I have been known to jump into too many things, try to do too much, and to put myself way back on the back-burner. I know this about myself but I can't help it. It's just in me to give of my time and self to others. I will always put the needs of my husband, children, friends, and family first. I don't have the selfish gene I guess. Is it really selfish though? This going to work thing is super scary to me. I constantly question my self worth and being good enough. Now it not only effects my kids but others peoples kids too. I think I can do it but some days I have to talk myself into thinking I'm even capable of doing anything right.

A lot of this comes from growing up in a family where I never felt quite good enough. Now I live in a marriage where I feel the same way. I live in a world where I feel the same way. I know it's all about perception and that my wonderful friends think I'm pretty cool. I appreciate that. if I didn't have those friends, God knows where I'd be. It's all about what goes on in my head, though. What I tell myself everyday.

I am willing myself to have no more dark days. If you've been keeping up with me, you know that's been more of a struggle for me this summer than it has in a long time. I've found myself needing to cry more and not knowing exactly what to do about it. It been a long time since I had to make myself be happy. I can do it though. I will do it.

I know that things could always be worse. So I'm thankful for whatever I have to go through. I'm going to be better on the other side of this and all obstacles. I am strong enough to face any of it.

THERE WILL BE NO MORE DARK DAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment