Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Worth Watching

As some of you may know, I have this really weird need to watch CNN every single day. A big part of that is because I have had a super long-standing crush on Anderson Cooper. I've loved him since the first time I saw him on Channel 1 in 7th grade! Does anyone else remember that used to come on at school and you'd watch it in Social Studies class? Lisa Ling was on it, too!




Despite my love for Anderson, I think CNN in greatness. Informative, entertaining, and overall just great. One of my other favorite anchors is Soledad O'Brien. If you've ever seen her, you may not know that she is part Black! That doesn't really matter to my point here, but it kind of does. On last year Soledad did this series called Black in America. It was wonderful! I think she may have won an Emmy for it but I'm not sure. Anyway... Black in America 2 premieres on CNN on Thursday. I think it will be equally as riveting and educational. Check it out if you have time. It'll run more than once, as does everything on cable networks. You may learn something you never knew. I think it'll spark discussion and enlighten many.

Ok, off my soapbox I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment